Still no sign of Telefonica.
Weather is hot, hot, hot this week. However, as the end of last week was cool the
pool water won’t be warm enough yet and of course I wasn’t in the mood to clean
it. Big mistake! So the hoovering of the bottom of the pool
took longer and a dosage of chlorine was needed. Lesson learned: Pools are great fun but
little cleaning everyday and regularly maintenance goes a long way to your
enjoyment.
Just some of my observations: unlike in the UK you can buy almost any fruit
or vegetable whether they are in season or not.
Not so here. Maybe it’s because
it is a hot country and you can grow anything, why pay the cost of importing
just wait til it’s in season. And they
love their meat here, so maybe the demand isn’t that great for fruit and
vegetables (frutas y verduras).
Some things that cost more are medicines, branded toiletries
and electronic products like hair dryers, microwave, small appliances – No
Argos here! I think that maybe why there are separate customs rules for
electronics so you don’t import and sell them for a healthy profit!! Health products like vitamins aren’t popular
it’s like the UK was 20 years ago, very difficult to source and expensive.
On the upside La Carlota has lots of lovely boutique style
shops (no where near as many as the gorgeous historic city of Cordoba). I could just spend spend spend! For example, I saw a pair of stunning shoes I
priced at E50.00 – 60.00 because that ‘s what they looked like, and Paul said
“sweetie they are only 15 Euros!”
We also have numerous Chinese bizarre cheap in price and
some are cheap in quality, but some are very good quality indeed and I am a
regular customer! Great for all the kids
arts and crafts bit n bobs. I suppose a
little like a TKMax in some respects, you have to search to find the gems.
Lately Paul has been pushing Ethan and I in karate, so last
week the session lasted 2 hours (Corrine has temporarily quit). We have been learning some more technical
kicks, like a spinning hook kick, which
looks really good – when Paul is doing them – not so classy or dignified when I
try it! Although the session was longer,
it didn’t feel it. As Paul is our only
teacher and wants to customise our training, he has given us a question to ask
ourselves “What do we want our of karate and where do we want to take it (if
anywhere)?”
The pool water is fab so started swimming before breakfast,
and the kids are allowed in the pool at 4pm if they have studied. Aston is slowly getting there, he struggles
with patience and needs constant variety.
Easily distracted (where does he get that from – Corrine). If our quest to make things more enjoyable
for him, we have bought him his own exercise book and pens, etc. and Paul has
found a website that has been compiled from teachers around the world and you
have work in all subjects and can set a schedule of tasks for the week. So they can have more structure to their
studying sessions.
Saturday usual 39 degsC / 98 degsF decided to have a
leisurely walk into town – Paul hasn’t walked in with us before. And have Tapas at a different place. Ooh and what a chance surprise, MotoGP (motorbike
racing) in Catalunya was on widescreen
outside. Paul was in heaven, so we sat
munching mixed fried seafood and fish topped of with triple chocolate
tarte. Yum. Yum – time to work some of
that off on a wobble back home.
Sunday morning we were awoken but a droaning noise, I thought it sounded like an airoplane doing
a loop the loop. So excited we all ran
out, I picked up Aston so he could see,
because we heard it coming but just didn’t know from where. Anyway this beautiful bright yellow little
plane flew only 50foot from us over the rooftops and over the adjoining fields
– he was crop spraying. So we were all
waving. But guess what in the moment I
had forgotten to get dress! So had been
prancing around the garden in my underwear trying to look at the plane! Well the Kids thought it was funny!
No comments:
Post a Comment