Sunday, 30 June 2013

Week of 17th June 2013





Took a trip into town as Ethan needed trainers but nothing available in his size, so as we had time we went to find Hotel El Pilar on the edge of town as I found a link on their website and they had an equestrian centre as part of the hotel.  Whilst finding a parking space, I noticed a sign for Centro Jardineria (garden centre) so we had a browse,  loads of gorgeous pots and large urns both sculptured, glazed and terracotta, garden statues/fountains, plants, palm trees, etc I was in my element. A place I shall no doubt frequent!
I found out from the gentlemen on Reception that the equestrian side of the business was run by a chap called Jairo but he would not be available until after 5pm.

Later Ethan came back to visit Jairo, they were situated next door to the bullfighting arena, with numerous horses in their stables (no bigger than 10ft x 6ft) but they all looked healthy enough.  And nobody needed spurs or whips.  Jairo was training in the arena together with two other gentleman, making some very fancy dressage movements look breathtakingly easy - anyway to cut a long story short through his very little English and my Spanish I booked a 1 hour lesson next Tuesday evening for 45.00 Euros – I don’t know if I’ll last 1hr ......

Well when I got home Ethan had started coming up in hives, he had stroked a couple of horses which was fine, until sand blew in his eye from the arena and he wiped his eye with the same hand!  Poor things, I had to strip him down, shower him and cover him in Aloe Vera and then he had the pleasures of a style of baby massage to aromatherapy music to help him reeeelax..... – pampered or what!  You guessed it though, he slept like a baby afterwards.

I told Paul I had arranged a lesson for next Tuesday and then the nerves set in, the horses and Jairo were fantastic would I be out of my comfort zone.  What if we just can’t understand each other?  What if, what if.  Paul reminded me to chill and just go – If I cancel I’ll never know, so just go and enjoy yourself!
Printed some more study sheets from the excellent www.offbyheart.co.uk and also investigated some experiments that would be good to do together.

Aston is being extremely naughty so we are trying to vary what he studies, how he studies and give him  more breaks than the other two.

Thursday took Corrine into town and decided to pop back to the garden centre for a nice pot and flowers to go on the patio.  Also need to repot some Aloe pups as I don’t want to use all the leaves off the big Aloe plants – I blend the gel inside with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and it had done wonders for is Eczema.  Also if I blend the gel with Orange Juice he drinks it to boost his immune system – hence I need to grow more plants!

Some great time in the pool, the kids swimming is really coming along.
Have been trying to encourage the kids to do the old fashioned things and WRITE to their friends.  Techy boy Ethan wants to email, email whilst Corrine has to fight her way to get anywhere near a computer and then says – “What shall I say?”

I’ve been keeping up my regular Spanish studies and really coming on, half way to GCSE level.  So as an extra boost I’ve ordered the next one (great I could still use www.easyfundraising.org.uk to help preschool!) together with a couple of horsey books for mum to bring over in July.

I tried to cop out of Karate thinking I needed to conserve my energy for Tuesday, but Paul encouraged me on.  I’m glad I did too as it was a good session.

No comments:

Post a Comment