Monday, 25 March 2013

Monday 25th March 2013

Well the sun is shining - wasn't forecast though, shan't complain - put another wash on to dry before it does chuck it down.

Bit of an ache from Karate and kids woke up later, so maybe they did work hard afterall.

Paul's first day of 8-12 hours working on his laptop upstairs today.  I wonder how we will all get on.  Especially as the ceilings in the house have absolutely no insulation.  It's just wooden beams with thick floorboards attached.  So the wood that you tread on upstairs is the same wood above your head in the lounge.  Noise travels, and I'm not sure if the kids are going be able to keep quite - at least the sun is out, so they can go a vent off some energy in the garden for a bit.
I was able to catch up on checking some bills, etc. and then did a little Spanish for my O'level BBC course which I haven't touched since say November last year.  But it sank in quite quickly as talking to the Estate Agents in Cordoba (I knew more Spanish than they know English) there aren't many / if any British people - predominantly Spanish.  A great way to improve your listening skills.

Ethan was able to Skype my brother earlier - or should I say connect with his online tech support!  Ethan amazes me with the technological things he is trying to do - my brother's been programming in IT for years and builds PC's, servers, does his own modifications - so intelligent.  Now, Ethan is loading program files and changing extensions to get into background information. "Bill Gates, would you like to buy some software?"

Keep going son - I see a healthy retirement plan in the Carribean  or Indonesia - I'm not fussy - for your dear mummy that loves you lots and lots!!

Well 9.15 Paul still upstairs working, kids in bed and I'm still juggling Estate Agent appointment times to try and get the two on the same day!

Updated blogger so that I don't get caught up in a busy week.


Anyway with or without fail - food shopping tomorrow! Can't get too much though - as we are leaving here Wednesday 4th April and that's not far away. Let's hope we can get the house stuff sorted out - otherwise will have to spend a night or two at our friends at Hotel Abetos as an emergency stop - we can't stay here, it is just too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment