Monday, 25 March 2013

Sunday 24th March 2013

Cloudy skies but warm temperatures.

Paul was debating last night whether to or not to bother going to the car boot in Coin,  it's not that far, it is just the 30 mins trek down the mountain that takes more time.

10am he made a decision to go!  So then it was quick kids get your things as it opened from 10 - 2pm, and I wasn't sure if like in the UK that everyone packed up and went by 12.30. 

Anyway found La Trocha quite easily, even though the satnav was insistant on telling me that 15km was going to take me 2 1/2 hours - modern technology is wonderful really - but I've always got a good old fashioned paper for days like these!

Well this was brilliant - free to get in, and in the underground (but at surface level) carpark of a shopping mall, so rain or shine it will always be on - I think it has been going for numerous years.  And extremely popular.  It was great though, people were selling old stuff, new items, clothing, plants, quirky international furniture, even old mattresses - NICE......

It was great one of the best I've ever been to such a variety I could have spent so much money here, especially on quality furniture that was very reasonable.  I'd say there was 75% Spanish and the rest English people and a small percentage of French/Germans.

We left at 1.20pm and people were still arriving. 

Now to get some provisions - in the hope that we would catch a supermarket open.  We drove down to Malaga but Carrefour and Mercadona were closed.  So went looking for the SuperCor that we came across the other day - but only found an OpenCor but no parking.  Kept travelling and couldn't find anything open apart from Restaurants, Cafe's and Asian Bazarr!  So decided to go back to get a parking space and then got to OpenCor so by this time it was now shut. Lucky I baked a couple of loaves of bread yesterday - because looks like that might be our staple until Tuesday - Paul is working on his laptop Monday and said he isn't driving down the mountain, and I'm certainly NOT!  I'm sure I can rustle up something.  Porridge in the morning, toast in the afternoon - Sorted.

Well it wasn't quite that bad - the kids didn't moan.

NOTE TO SELF - Forget any sort of shopping on a Sunday!

Didn't get back up the mountain til 4.30pm and now time for tea and still gotta Karate session to do before bedtime.

Karate was great fun and lots of variety - Paul tested our stamina and gave us some training tips too.  which was very useful - to me anyway - I have already noticed how my punches and kicks/combinations are more direct using my imaginary person - Thanks darling!!

Kids enjoyed the running round the houses - especially when the little white dog Josie decided to follow us and sniffing our hands and feet when we were in push ups position.

Dad beans on the menu for this evening - too late to bath the kids without them grumbling and moaning - will do them all in the morning.  Got to braid corrine's hair too so best in the morning when I can stick her infront of a DVD to keep her from whinging.

No comments:

Post a Comment