Monday, 6 May 2013
Saturday 4th May 2013
A nice warm day, maybe a dip in the pool again.
Haven’t run for a few weeks, so went this morning. Didn’t hear so many dogs, maybe they’ve got used to us. Then a bit of exercise in the court, karate, yoga stretching and even a bit of salsa – singing, or trying to sing – as it’s all in Spanish! Aaah this is the life!
The washing has built up over the last few days, so best make the most of the sun.
Paul and I needed to tidy and move some things around in the carport area. We use this a like a garage space, but we noticed that although it faces the front of the house facing the street, most of Spanish actually use this as a dining area – espec ially at Siesta time. La Carlota and the surrounding villages still have a siesta from 2-5pm. Whereas some larger towns/cities now don’t to improve business.
Hard work done, checking all the tyres, brakes, etc. on the bikes was next. Then 20 laps round the court on the high gears to get the legs working.
I took Ethan to the supermarket whilst Paul and the kids had a swim.
The days just fly past.
Now we had the internet, I changed a few online account details and surfed to find a piano. We have just the right space for it and the acoustics are fab. I really miss not playing. We have a old keyboard that has loads of functions, but it just doesn’t feel or sound like a piano.
All emails done and it had already gone past midnight. Phew!
A nice warm day, maybe a dip in the pool again.
Haven’t run for a few weeks, so went this morning. Didn’t hear so many dogs, maybe they’ve got used to us. Then a bit of exercise in the court, karate, yoga stretching and even a bit of salsa – singing, or trying to sing – as it’s all in Spanish! Aaah this is the life!
The washing has built up over the last few days, so best make the most of the sun.
Paul and I needed to tidy and move some things around in the carport area. We use this a like a garage space, but we noticed that although it faces the front of the house facing the street, most of Spanish actually use this as a dining area – espec ially at Siesta time. La Carlota and the surrounding villages still have a siesta from 2-5pm. Whereas some larger towns/cities now don’t to improve business.
Hard work done, checking all the tyres, brakes, etc. on the bikes was next. Then 20 laps round the court on the high gears to get the legs working.
I took Ethan to the supermarket whilst Paul and the kids had a swim.
The days just seem to fly past.
Now we had the internet, I changed a few online account details and surfed to find a piano and look for any Hippico (riding clubs) nearest La Carlota. I really miss riding so much, Ethan has noticed this and has made a little video and added some pictures of the horses that I have ridden, especially Woody the Warmblood (oooh that rhymes). I may just pop into Orange in La Carlota and have a word via Google with MariAngeles. She works for Orange and I had noticed she had some really nice horse themed bracelets, very stylish sort of like filigre and rings. I enquired and she advised that she sells them from her home. We started talking horses and then she said have one, a present from me to you. It is gorgeous and I wear it all the time. Looks fab on my golden sun kissed skin!!!!!! I know you're all spitting feathers at me now aren't you?!
I also miss playing the piano, as stopped our lessons back in July last year and the piano was one of the first things we sold. But now we have just the right space for it and the acoustics are fab. I really miss not playing. We have a old keyboard that has loads of functions, great for Cabaret and a smart velvet jacket with a cravat, but it just doesn’t feel or sound like a piano.
All emails done and it had already gone past midnight. Phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment