Monday, 6 May 2013
Tuesday 30th April 2013
A slightly warmer day but you still needed a light jacket. But time to sort out a few more things like a P.O.Box address. Form was filled out, passports ready but I was going on my own with the kids as Paul was working – let’s hope the bureaucracy here doesn’t mean Paul has to go in person too.
Luckily the post office was empty and a nice chap called Carlos (C harles) was helping me. I didn’t have a Spanish Bank Account, so asked if I could pay for the year in cash Euros 115.00. Everything was OK until he said something and pointed to the address. He confirmed the form was OK, the money was OK, but I thought he was asking me to make a new number. Anyway the misunderstanding and confusion carried on for at least 15-20 minutes then he came from behind the counter and went to the boxes, opened one and pointed to the number. Basically the confusion was in my part! The box was number 9 - Nueve, but all along I thought he was saying Nuevo, which means new, I thought I needed to choose a new number! Duhh - You plonker Rodney!
So obviously I apologised for my misunderstanding and explained to him what I had done.
Anyway he was a nice chap, and I think because he saw that I was really trying hard to converse he in turn was helpful, and didn’t let the long queue that was building up behind me worry him, although I was very conscious of it and the huffing and foot shuffling that went with it – but his colleague came out to deal with them. Carlos gave me his full attention and time even showing me to the door, introducing himself and spending along time saying goodbye. Or maybe he was just making sure that I left????
Anyway, It was a good experience for me and I will feel relaxed going to post things, now I know my mate Charles will be on the case.
Now off to my wonderful China Bizarre to get a few bits n bobs, and back home to update the Blogger, and take a look at the pool. The cooler weather and wind has blown some leaves/seeds in the pool over the last few days – it’s amazing how much dirt it can accumulate. And for some reason, the Spanish do not use pool covers. God knows why? I think Paul and I may have to make up something, because I’d rather spend my time in the pool than cleaning it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment