May Day Bank Holiday in Spain today. Literally everything is shut, apart from Restaurants of course.
Weather was a little warmer so more pool work and a bit more gardening. There are some large Aloe Vera which have re-shooted and I found a baby palm growing out of the side of another tree. So decided to repot them to eventually be put in large stone pots on the terrace.
I always feel at home doing some gardening, also came across a little grey lizard which I disturbed when moving some rocks. Whilst we are talking about lizards, the Landlord told us that there is a lizard who lives on one side of the pool. It has a burrow (or whatever you call a lizard’s home is), now I haven’t seen it, but the hole is approximately 5-6 inches wide, but it's apparently harmless – so we have called him/her Sid. Yet wait an appearance.
Got on my mountain bike and had a quick blast round the tennis court before tea. Big day tomorrow we have to meet our Translator to go to our Appointments for our NIE (Spanish ID). And try to get a Bank Account at Barclays – as I know they do internet banking.
Spanish banks are at least 20 years behind the UK. You have to get a ticket (like at tesco’s deli) and wait your turn, and some banks still write out on a carbonised slip! Yes I know, it was like that when I was a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment