Was glad that the sunshine had returned, and temperature back to the 27
degs we had got used to as normal.
Plan of action was to go back to our Ayuntamiento and collect our
Empardonamiento Certificados, starting the process of getting the kids into
school. Also visit internet cafe and see if I can call 1004 and get Telefonica
to order a telephone line so we can then order ADSL.
As it was nice again and we all needed the exercise from the last few nippy
days of staying in, we walked into La Carlota.
No luck at the internet cafe, the phones were not compatible to do
freephone numbers. So tried a public
phone, I got through understood the
first part of the script, not the middle (the most important part to speak to
an operator), but then understood the ending - that advised because you have
not entered the correct number the call will be discontinued and then the line
cut off! Oh well.
Off to Ayuntamiento, a little bit of the same story there got Certificados
but only for the children so they could go to school. If I could speak fluently I would have stood
my ground and requested eveything I came for, but at least the kids were sorted
so we left. We had other chores to sort
out.
Tried another public phonebox but again same situation. so talked to the lady at Movistar, as they
are part of Telefonica and I would be purchasing their internet and call
package from them in the end, but she didn't seem very knowledgeable or
helpful.
Well off to my favourite cheapy shop Bizarre and got Aston some marbles
(because I sometimes feel that I've lost mine!), to set up a reward strategy i.e. if the Happy
jar is full of marbles - because he has behaved - Aston is allowed Treats. If the Sad jar has even one marble - then no
treats. Every time he is naughty a
marble is TAKEN from the Happy Jar - get my drift. - Later today we tried it had within 30 minutes he lost a marble from the
Happy Jar - but within an hour later he had redeemed himself. So let's hope the improvement continues.
Anyway back to the rest of the day, it was hot and the kids were already moaning,
admittedly I had dragged them around a bit and we did walk into town. So thought we all deserved a refreshment.
Cool drinks and Patatas fritas with Salsa.
A little chill time, before visiting my friend MariAngeles at Orange to
see if I could use her phone to call Telefonica. During the chill, Eva the very friendly
English speaking lady from Movistar call centre, called to see how I was
getting on with calling Telefonica, and had a suggestion with getting mobile
wi-fi, but I said we already have that we need a fixed line - but she was very
helpful and would go away and see if she could get another contact number for
me.
At the Orange Shop........ 45
minutes later, still lost in translation - even with Google Translate - she was trying to sell me a fixed home phone
that you couldn't get internet on but you could hire it by going to the
Ayuntamiento each week????!!!!!
No wonder for a Town Hall it's busy, government have such a tight control
over everything the Ayuntamiento have more of the public through their doors!
Siesta had begun, no conclusion with MariAngeles although she asked me to
come back at five. Not sure why?
A gentle stroll home and picked some wild flowers to try and press. There
was a grey horse tethered two roads down, I had seen before whilst jogging,
next time we're passing if she is still there, will say hello. Found some wood suitable for kindling, long
spindly branches I made the kids drag back to the house - quite funny seeing
how they got through the gate.
Noticed some electricity cupboards on a house up the road, and may have
been mistaken about not being able to read the meters, and at the mercy of
Endesa - however couldn't match some of the numbering with the Landlord's
previous invoice. Will update that info
later.
Out of interest the electricity is still expensive. The Landlord's previous bill was Euro 124.00
for two months and we split the bill 50/50. However, he only used the house occasionally like a
holiday home. So that makes it quite
expensive bearing in mind we haven't used the air conditioning yet. But we're on the case now so I can check
consumption.
The metered water was expensive Euro100.00 for the month.
Corrine had decided to perform a little piece from the ballet Sugar Plum
Fairy. So Ethan organised the music, and
the magic began! In her little spanish
style swimming costume and tutu, dancing round trees, waving the end of a
skipping rope and cartwheeling over a footstool!
No wonder she finished all cheeks flushed.
A good day for all.
Macrame lesson tomorrow, and maybe some gardening - pruning the roses and
cutting the grass around the pool now that the weather looks like it has sorted
itself out.
No comments:
Post a Comment