Up bright eyed and bushy tailed. Before the Landlord and Engineers turn up.
It was nice as Carmen, Luis (Landlord's) wife came. She's great - I always try and call her Nicole (our friend Marie's mum) because they are so much alike in many many wayss, but then I stop myself and say Carmen. We muddle through a conversation and she adores the kids.
Engineers gone, Luis and Paul went to La Carlota to change the electricity and water contracts to our names, as we were having a little difficulty doing it over the telephone. The main electricity supplier is Endesa, just like the banking - the utilities is ancient too. Spain has only just started allowing alternative utilities providers into the market. Whereas in the UK, the likes of Atlantic Electric and Gas (who we used), ENPower, EDF, etc. where scoping the consumer market some 10-15 years previous. Also there is no meter to read. You appear to be somewhat at the mercy of the electricity company on your consumption. Water however, well ours anyway is metered. So of course we can read that. But all utility companies will only supply you if you pay be Direct Debit. Another way of the government trying to control the finances.
Carmen was welcome to stay with us, so I got some snacks and the kids asked her to choose a DVD and we watched in Spanish. Aston had befriended Carmen, just like he does most ladies, he was in his element.
1 1/2 hours later all done, film finished, Paul and Luis returned all Contracts transferred. However, not much luck on the air conditioner - the engineers told Luis it needed a compressor. Again in the UK you could source one possibly second hand or find somebody to repair. Not in Espana. So poor Luis may have to sort some individual units instead - bless him, he is such a genuine, kind and helpful guy.
Well lunch ready and kids back to study time, they had the unscheduled break this morning - albeit the film was in Spanish.
Later in the afternoon I was incredibly tired that I fell asleep on the sofa. Kids had to make their own tea - supervised by Paul, and I still had another sleep. I think the gardening exerts the previous day and swimming and karate have all caught up with me. Body requires rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment