A glorious start to the day - because I had a lie in - for a change. Really tired today.
Kids were rampaging around the house agravating each other. Not listening to us again,whilst they are play fighting again. Let's just wait for the screaming and crying to commence .....
I was enjoying a nice late breakfast with Paul when Ethan bounded in with a stern face and rigid body language, snatched his water bottle off the kitchen table and stormed out, just before he reached the door Paul stopped and asked him to explain his attitude, through the mumbling and spluttering - Corrine and Aston had been fighting him. Anyway he just happened to turn around and there was blood dripping from his head!
Aston and Corrine had ganged up on Ethan which had first started as play fighting (which we know always ends in tears - but why listen to your parents - it's not like we know anything, is it??) and then hit him with part of Aston's construction kit (luckily plastic).
This was it Paul and I hit the room. Got them all in front of us and gave a good telling off. They had gone too far this time. So the work begins. Paul I felt that it was now time to give them some good old fashioned structure in their day.
Study at the kitchen table from 9-12 time for lunch and play. Then Study from 2 - 4pm including Aston.
It's was even written on a piece of paper and placed on the kitchen wall so that they would be reminded every day what they had to do.
Whilst I after baking two lots of bread and two batches of puff pastry decided it was time for a dip in the pool. Well not a dip, I hadn't had a swim yet.
The clouds had cleared after about lunchtime I pumped up the inflatable ring, and whilst the kids were banned from playing outside they watched from the hallway windows (as despite being told off earlier had misbehaved again) I waved to them. As a "look this is what you can do if you behave, but not today!"
The rest of the day went smoothly.
No comments:
Post a Comment